Monday, January 21, 2013

Opinion: What Not To Wear If You Are An Anti-Gay Pastor

OK.

I am not going to politicize my Style Journal.

I have always said: I want my blog to be a positive thing. Even if on the surface, it doesn't look like it. I believe you can always learn through every experience. You know, don't judge a coat by its lapels, look at the label and it could be Burberry.

So, Anti-Gay Pastor Lawrence Khong from Faith Community Baptist Church in Singapore is dressing up for his crusade. Anyone who has kept with the news knows that he raised a ruckus by involving a senior Singaporean politician in his tirades against gay people.

Basically, he wants the Government not to repeal an ancient  law inherited from British colonial times that criminalizes sex between men. This law was raised during the Human Rights Commission inquiry into Singapore's human rights ranking.  Singapore has denied enforcing it, but has also refused to repeal it.

Thanks to haters like the Pastor.

I do not want to publicize his words of hate, but it is important to place things in their proper context. You can read his statements here:
WTF

Well, he is of course entitled to his opinions. Even though, as a man of God, it is love he should be expressing, and not encourage his flock to hate.  That is my opinion.

It is also my opinion that I think he is offensive on another level. His fashion sense totally hurts my eyes. He needs a makeover and I am sure I can help him out with that.
Tolong Lah Mister. Leather? Bondage? Really? You sure you are not 'family'?
What he looks like. But without the muscles and the good looks.
Seriously, Mr Khong. The Mad Max look is not only unbecoming for a pastor, it is also SOOOOOO 80's.

Why don't you learn from the ex-CEO of the SMRT who was carried into a party by a few hunks, dressed as Cleopatra? Aiyoh mister, pictures online live FOREVER laaaaaahhhhh. Roll eyeballs.
post signature

No comments: